Monday, October 15, 2007

Jingle Belle... Part 2...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Hi All, So, after I left you alone with nothing to explain my previous post, I am wondering if you went to google it and try to find more information about the character.

Jingle Belle is a creation of Paul Dini. She is the daughter of Santa Claus. But she is not your nice little daddy's girl. She has attitude!

She has been drawn by several artists, among them Kyle Baker.

My first encounter with the character is purely accidental. I like a lot the work of Kyle ( his website is somewhere on the right in the links section ). I asked someone to buy a comics from him directly in the US. It turned out that this person couldn't find what I asked and to not come empty-handed, she bring "The Bakers and Jingle Belle".
I like the character a lot and I hope she could have her own mnthly comics.
Unfortunately, it is not the case and I can only content myself with her official outdated website:

http://www.jinglebelle.com

And so, my drawing is an homage to this interesting character!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Salut tout le monde. Alors, après vous avoir laissé mariner sans explications dans mon précédent message, je me demande si vous êtes allés sur Google pour trouver quelques références par vous-mêmes.

Jingle Belle est un personnage crée par Paul Dini,un des co-créateurs de la série de dessins animés TV Batman. C'est la fille du Père Noël. Mais elle n'est pas la " gentille fille à papa " que vous pensez! Elle a une personnalité très forte!
Elle a été dessiné par plusieurs artistes, dont Kyle Baker.

Ma première rencontre avec le personnage est purement accidentelle. J'aime beaucoup le travail de Kyle ( son site web est quelque part sur la droite dans la sections des liens... site en anglais). J'avais demandé à quelqu'un de me ramener depuis les USA un album de lui, mais ne le trouvant pas et ne voulant pas venir les mains vides, la personne me ramena "The Bakers and Jingle Belle". Et Jingle Belle en était un des personnages principaux.

J'ai tout de suite beaucoup aimé le personnage ( une sorte de Tank Girl assagie ) et j'aimerai vraiment qu'elle puisse avoir sa propre série mensuelle. Malheureusement, ce n'est pour l'instant pas le cas et je dois juste me contenter de son site officiel qui n'a pas était mis à jour depuis longtemps ( site en anglais ):

http://www.jinglebelle.com


Donc voilà, c'était mon hommage à ce personnage!

No comments: